The Sungkyunkwan University Bioethics Committee (IRB) was established to review research protocols and other matters necessary for research. By continuously confirming that protocols are observed, the IRB strives to ensure the rights, safety, and welfare of human research participants.
- Validating Ethical / Scientific aspects of research proposals
- Confirming consent according to legal procedures
- Safety Considerations (physical, pyschological, and mental risks and discomfort)
- Check whether personal information protection measures / plans are established
- Other Bioethics and Safety Considerations
- Investigation / supervision of progress and results of performance research
- Education (Researchers and members of SKKU) / Protection (vulnerable research participants)
Bioethics laws are intended to protect human dignity and values and prevent harm to human beings when studying humans and human derivatives and handling embryos and genes.
The purpose of this law is to ensure research works towards the improvement of people's health and quality of life.
- Submission of application for review
- Administrative Review (Administrative Assistant)
- Reception of review
- Classification of review type and assignment of a committee member
- Results Notification
- Conditional approval
- Ask to complement
- www.e-IRB.com conect to → click 『기관 검색하기』 → click 『성균관대학교』→ 개별 로그인
- Link to e-IRB system